- "Brocklehurst, Mandy went to Ravenclaw too...."
- —Mandy being Sorted[src]
- Mandy is a variation of Amanda, which means "lovable/worth of love".
- Brocklehurst is a real surname coming from Middle English "brock" (badger) and "hyrst" (wooded hill, a favourite haunt of badgers).
- Brocklehurst was the name of the horrible school teacher in Jane Eyre.
Behind the scenes
- The character Amanda, portrayed by Christina Petrou in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, may be intended to be Mandy Brocklehurst.
- One of the clients of Cormoran Strike, a private detective and the protagonist of J. K. Rowling's The Silkworm, has hired him to monitor the activities of a Miss Brocklehurst.
- Bulgarian: Манди Брокълхърст
- Dutch: Amanda Brokkeling
- Greek: Μάντι Μπρόκλχαστ
- Hebrew: מנדי ברוקלהרסט
- Japanese: マンディ・ブロックルハースト (Mandy Brocklehust)
- Norwegian: Amanda Brunkenberg
- Portuguese (Brazil): Mádi Brocklehurst
- Russian: Мэри Брокльхерст (Meri Brokl'kherst)
- Serbian: Менди Броклхерст (Mendi Broklherst)
- Welsh: Mari Beynon
The following languages are the same as the original:
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and Me
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.