|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
On 31 July, 1992, the couple were dinner guests at the Dursley home. Their evening was nearly ruined when the dessert Petunia Dursley had made crashed to the floor (an incident blamed on Harry Potter though it was Dobby's fault), which they were extremely shocked at. The evening could have been rescued were it not for the barn owl, that flew through the open window to deliver a letter of warning of a breach of the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery for Harry. The owl dropped the letter on Mrs Mason's head, and due to her extreme fear of birds, she “screamed like a banshee” and ran from the house shouting something about lunatics, followed quickly by her husband.
Behind the scenes
- Mrs Mason was portrayed by Veronica Clifford in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, the dessert, levitated by Dobby, crashed down on Mrs Mason's head, ruining the dinner party and causing Vernon Dursley to lock Harry in his bedroom.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, Dudley eats the pudding off Mrs Mason's head.
- In a deleted scene, when Petunia Dursley says to Mrs Mason that she had a nice dress, and she responds that all her dresses were tailor-made. This was her only line in the film, but was cut from the theatre version.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4