|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "You did splendidly on this case. Even that mermaid took a liking to you! Pretty impressive — you've only been with us for a short time, and you're already making quite a splash! Ha ha!"
- — Mathilda Grimblehawk congratulates her partner, after successfully retrieving and healing an injured Grindylow[src]
Mathilda Grimblehawk's partner was an employee of the Ministry of Magic in the Beast Division in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures.
Sometime after attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry they joined the Ministry as a new recruit. On their first day, they helped investigate the attack on Gordon Horton, Quidditch keeper for the Chudley Cannons.
Magical abilities and skills
- Charms: They were proficient with charm-work, being able to successfully cast many useful charms including the Scouring Charm, Mending Charm, Unlocking Charm, Memory Charm, Revelio Charm and Tergeo.
- Study of Ancient Runes: They were able to decipher the runes in Winifred Whittle's journal, showing they were skilled and knowledgeable in the field of ancient runes.
- Healing magic: They had considerable talent in the field of healing magic, given how they were able to successfully heal a Grindylow.
- Magizoology: This individual was knowledgeable of magical creatures and worked as an employee in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures under the Beast Division, and frequently dealt with various different beasts during their career fieldwork.
- Wand: It is presumed they purchased this wand at age eleven before attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Their wand seemed to have a brass inlay and a very polished handle.
- Magnifying glass: They seemed to own a magnifying glass, which they presumably used during their investigations.
Behind the scenes
- This individual is the player in Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World and can be male or female with a custom selected name. They are responsible for many of the actions in the game.
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World (First appearance)
Notes and references
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World - Case 7: Flames of Attraction
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World - Case 1: Something in the Air, Act 1