- "I know that you are preparing to fight. Your efforts are futile. You cannot fight me. I do not want to kill you. I have great respect for the teachers of Hogwarts. I do not want to spill magical blood. Give me Harry Potter, and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave the school untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have until midnight."
- —Lord Voldemort's ultimatum, leading to the Battle of Hogwarts[src]
|1 May||1998||The trio broke into Gringotts to steal Hufflepuff's Cup from the Lestrange Vault. This break-in was the first and only successful one. This break-in was also latter reported in the Daily Prophet and was a subject of discussion at Hogwarts.
Lord Voldemort learnt that Harry was hunting his Horcruxes. He slaughtered all that brought him the news of the Gringotts break in and checked the remaining Horcruxes.
|2 May||1998||Voldemort gathered his army to attack Hogwarts. The following battle claimed many lives. Voldemort destroys the shard of soul resting in Harry's scar. The remaining Horcruxes were destroyed, and after a furious showdown, Voldemort was killed by a backfiring Elder Wand, ending the Second Wizarding War.|
|2000s||Victoire Weasley is born to Bill and Fleur Weasley.|
|15 May||Pomona Sprout is born.|
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 26 (Gringotts)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 27 (The Final Hiding Place)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 31 (The Battle of Hogwarts)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 32 (The Elder Wand)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 24 (The Wandmaker)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 36 (The Flaw in the Plan)
- ↑ For her to still be at Hogwarts in 2017.
- ↑ J. K. Rowling's official site