At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
By the mid-1980s, several of these dummies had been placed at the Training Grounds of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, on which several students, including as Bill Weasley, practised their defensive spellwork. These dummies had a wand so it was able to act as a real Death Eater would, and they could also be disarmed.
By the mid-1990s, one such contraption had been placed inside the Room of Requirement, and was provided the group calling themselves for the Dumbledore's Army by the room's enchantments among an assortment of stored books and objects that would, during the 1995–1996 school year, provide them with tools necessary to train themselves in Defence Against the Dark Arts in preparation for the forthcoming Second Wizarding War in a time when the Ministry of Magic were still denying the return of Lord Voldemort. The dummy in question was subsequently used by the aforementioned student organisation to practise their spells inside . The dummy was used as a target while the group trained with such spells as Diminuendo, Expelliarmus, Stupefy, and Reducto.
Behind the scenes
- In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) and Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, multiples of these dummies were used at a time during spell practise, as opposed to just the one in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Characters of the Magical World
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- LEGO Harry Potter
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery