Melinda Bobbin was a witch who attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry during the 1990s. Horace Slughorn described her as "charming" and made her a member of the Slug Club in 1996. Her family owned a large chain of apothecaries.
A "bobbin" is a spool or reel that holds thread or yarn for spinning, weaving, knitting, sewing, or making lace.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Based on the fact that she was attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1996.
- As her family is said to own a chain of apothecaries, they must have been wizards.
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 11 (Hermione's Helping Hand)