The village boundary is clearly marked by a rock with paintings of merpeople carrying spears and chasing the Giant Squid. The homes of the Merpeople are built out of stone, and they are stained with algae. Some of the homes have gardens of weeds, and several have a pet Grindylow outside, tied to a stake driven into the ground.
During the Second Task of the Triwizard Tournament, the village was used to hold the various hostages taken from the Champions. Each hostage was tied to the giant statue in the centre of the village.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault