Merton Graves (b. 1978) was a wizard and the cellist for the popular wizarding band The Weird Sisters.
Behind the scenes
- If he attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he would have been in school from around 1989 to 1996, making him a third year during Harry Potter's first year there, and a sixth year during the Triwizard Tournament, when the Weird Sisters performed at Hogwarts for the Yule Ball.
- Merton Graves and Herman Wintringham were absent from the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and did not play with the Weird Sisters.
- It's possible he is a relative of the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them character Percival Graves.
The name "Merton" is from a surname which was derived from a place name meaning "town on a lake" in Old English.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Unnamed)
Notes and references
|The Weird Sisters|
|Lead singer||Lead guitar||Rhythm guitar||Bass guitar|
|Myron Wagtail||Kirley Duke||Heathcote Barbary||Donaghan Tremlett|
|Gideon Crumb||Orsino Thruston||Merton Graves||Herman Wintringham|
|Do The Hippogriff · Magic Works · This Is The Night|