At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
In his youth, Merula's father attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and was sorted into Slytherin. During his Hogwarts years, he played Quidditch for the Slytherin Quidditch team in an unknown position. Later is his life, he married his wife, and they had one daughter together, Merula.
First Wizarding War
He and his wife both became Death Eaters, loyal and devoted servants of the Dark Lord Voldemort. Both he and his wife participated in the First Wizarding War, they likely fought against many Aurors and members of the Order of the Phoenix.
After the war
On Merula's tenth birthday, he and his wife gave Merula a broom as a present. They took turns taking Merula on the broom. Less than a year later, he and his wife were incarcerated in Azkaban for their crimes committed as Death Eaters.
Magical abilities and skills
- Dark Arts: Being a Death Eater, Merula's father would have been accomplished in dark magic, including the casting of Dark charms and most likely the Unforgivable Curses.
- Duelling: Considering how Death Eaters are proficient in martial magic, Merula's father would have been a competent duellist who fought against Aurors and members of the Order of the Phoenix during the First Wizarding War.
- Flying: Whilst attending Hogwarts in his youth, Merula's father played Quidditch for the Slytherin Quidditch team, showing he was talented with broomstick flying.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- The Death Eaters were known for their strong hatred of all Muggle-borns and Muggles.
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- J.K. Rowling and the Live Chat, Bloomsbury.com, July 30, 2007
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Chapter 8 (Barnaby Lee)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 28 (About Merula)
- After loosing a duel with Jacob's sibling, Merula says that she is a fourth generation Slytherin.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, During a practise match with Jacob's sibling, Merula said that both her parents played for Slytherin's Quidditch team.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Side Quest "Cast Your Patronus", information revealed if the player chooses to use Legilimency