Merwyn was born sometime during the Middle Ages. During his lifetime, he was a practitioner of the Dark Arts and a Dark Wizard, having invented many unpleasant jinxes and hexes. He also possessed a hooked wand. For his infamy, he was immortalised on a bronze Chocolate Frog Card. A portrait of Merwyn hung at Hogwarts Castle, guarding a secret shortcut between the third-floor landing of the Grand Staircase and the Entrance Hall side room. The password required to gain access to said shortcut was "Malevolence".
Magical abilities and skills
- Dark Arts: Merwyn the Malicious was a notorious Dark Wizard in the Middle Ages, and thus was highly proficient and well-versed in dark magic and with the casting of dark charms. He invented numerous unpleasant jinxes and hexes in his lifetime, earning him his sinister reputation.
- Spell creation: Merwyn mastered the immensely difficult and advanced magical art of inventing new spells, having successfully created many unpleasant jinxes and hexes during his lifetime, for which he was famous for, gaining him recognition on a bronze Chocolate Frog Card for his magical achievements.
Merwyn is a Welsh name, said to be a form of the name Merlin.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card) (Appears in portrait(s))
Notes and references
- ↑ On the Pottermore timeline of the wizarding world, although no excact dates are given, he is listed after known students of Hogwarts, impfying that he, like them, was eleven or older around the school's founding.
- ↑ "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Pottermore
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - PC version