- Arthur Weasley: "Yes, a lot of offices have been raining lately. Did you try meteolojinx recanto? It worked for Bletchley."
- Ron (disguised as Reginald Cattermole): "Meteolojinx recanto? No, I didn't. Thanks, D-I mean, thanks, Arthur."
- — Arthur Weasley recommending the spell[src]
During the 1990–1991 school year, Jacob's sibling used this spell again to restore the enchanted windows (which were cast the Atmospheric Charm to display a hurricane) at the British Ministry of Magic Headquarters back to their original state.
In 1997, Arthur Weasley suggested that Reginald Cattermole (actually his son Ron in disguise) use this spell to stop the raining in the office of Yaxley, who was the head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement while Lord Voldemort was in control of the Ministry of Magic. He commented that it had worked previously for Bletchley. It is unknown if Ron tried it or if he succeeded in stopping the rain.
The incantation for this spell is likely derived from meteorology, the study of weather, which originates from the Greek word metéōron, "high in the sky", as well as the English verb recant (from the Latin recantare, of which the first person singular present indicative active is recanto), "to withdraw or retract".
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Barty Crouch Jnr, disguised as Alastor Moody by means of Polyjuice Potion, possibly used it to stop the Enchanted Ceiling in the Great Hall duplicating the effects of the storm outside.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (Waiting line)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (First appearance) (Ollivander's Wand Shop)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 13 (The Muggle-Born Registration Commission)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, "Christmas at the Burrow" Achievement - Part 2, Side Quest "Let It Snow"
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 7, Chapter 8 (Back to Hogwarts)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)