Boba Fett Returns - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Behind the scenes
- In the first two films, the scenes in this courtyard were filmed in the cloister of Durham Cathedral. However, in the fourth film, the location used was the New College (Oxford) and a big tree is shown in a corner. In the third video game, the courtyard is similar with the courtyard from the first film, but with a large pond instead of a fountain. The Oxford courtyard is also seen in the fifth video game but with a smaller tree and slightly different cloister windows. The courtyard shown in the sixth film (and video game) was built in Leavesden studios, most likely to accommodate the addition of the Astronomy Tower. The set has now been renovated into the newly enlarged Entrance Courtyard for Deathly Hallows.
- Despite being on the Ground floor, the courtyard is incorrectly shown to be on the First floor in the fifth and sixth video games. This is because the games placed the courtyard inside the Long Gallery and used a decoy for the courtyard's real location, for unknown reasons.
- The courtyard from first two films is similar to the courtyard from the sixth film and video game, except the new one has the Astronomy tower.
- The Courtyard's centre fountain's shape changed during the middle of the first film (when Harry released Hedwig to the winter sky), but it was restored after the scene
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, during the First Task of the Triwizard Tournament, Harry appears to fly over the cloister of Durham Cathedral even though scenes of the First Task were filmed in the Oxford Courtyard. However, in the Hogwarts Castle replica of that film, a new courtyard is shown (see image on the left), closer to the Quad seen in the second film.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, the entrance to the Headmaster's office is located here. But by the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, it has moved to the Entrance Courtyard.
- In the PS1 adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone this is where Harry was taught to fly by Madam Hooch, and known as Flying Practice Area.
- It is interesting to notice that the structure of the cloister with the towers surrounding it (except Astronomy Tower) is similar to the the one from the cloister and towers from Durham Cathedral.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Briefly)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Briefly)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (name appears on a tapestry) (First identified as Middle Courtyard)