|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
The Midwest (also called the Middle West) is a region of the United States of America, which comprises the north-central portion of the country, including many states in Great Lakes and Great Plains regions.
The Chicago-based Midwest Association of Warlocks and Witches was reported in the 6 December 1926 issue of The New York Ghost to have recently questioned the Magical Congress of the United States of America on defence.
In the 6 December 1926 issue of the New York Chronicle, it was reported that members of the Republican Party from the Midwest opposed the Ship Subsidy Bill supported by No-Maj President Warren G. Harding, himself a Republican.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (Mentioned in newspapers)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Compte-rendu : ouverture de l’exposition Harry Potter à Bruxelles pour Noël" from the Gazette du Sorcier (see this image)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Front page of the 21 November 1922 issue of The Evening World from Chronicling America
- ↑ "Midwestern United States" on Wikipedia
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 7
- ↑ J. K. Rowling's Wizarding World: Movie Magic Volume One: Extraordinary People and Fascinating Places (see this image)