- Ron: "Are you a talking gargoyle?"
- Gargoyle: "Do you normally talk to ones that can't speak?"
- Ron: "I don't normally talk to gargoyles."
- Gargoyle: "I should imagine many gargoyles are grateful for that."
- Harry: "Thanks for talking to us. Let's go."
- Hermione: "She didn't seem very happy."
- — Finding one of the five talking gargoyles[src]
During the 1995–1996 school year, Professor Binns assigned his Fifth year students the task of listing five talking gargoyles as a homework assignment. Harry Potter located the gargoyles as a favour to Dean Thomas so that he could attend the first meeting of Dumbledore's Army in the Room of Requirement.
Behind the scenes
- The gargoyle was voiced by Rachel Atkins in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- The gargoyle's name was identified during the game's credits.
- Other conversations with the gargoyle:
- "Don't know, don't care, don't ask me."
- —Conversation 1[src]
- "Two-hundred and fifty-eight years I've been here. Two-hundred and fifty-eight years. And has anyone thought to clean the spiders out of my nose? Nooo they have not."
- —Conversation 2[src]
- "The things I've seen, sitting here. It's amazing what you can see from the top of a plinth for over two-hundred and fifty-eight years."
- —Conversation 3[src]
- "I'm two-hundred and fifty-eight years old, you know. And I think that qualifies me for a little bit of respect."
- —Conversation 4[src]
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (First appearance)
Notes and references