- "The incantation Mobilicorpus is used to levitate and move people. The person who casts the spell can control the recipient almost like a puppet; it is as though invisible strings are supporting them."
Mobilicorpus is the incantation of a charm which is used to move bodies by suspending them a few inches above the air. This spell is able to move people who find themselves unable to walk, regardless of whether or not they are conscious. It may be a variation of the same basic spell Mobiliarbus is, linked by a base Latin word.
|MACUSA Aurors||30 May, 1927||MACUSA Aurors used this spell to levitate Abernathy transfigured into Gellert Grindelwald from his cell in MACUSA prison to Incarceration Carriage.|
|Remus Lupin||6 June, 1994||Lupin used this spell to levitate Snape's unconscious body for transport back to school from the Shrieking Shack.|
|Sirius Black||Sirius took over the levitation while Lupin covered Wormtail with his wand, and Sirius didn't seem to be very careful about keeping Snape from bumping into things.|
|Lord Voldemort||July, 1997||This could possibly be the spell Lord Voldemort used to levitate the body of Charity Burbage during a Death Eater meeting, before murdering her and feeding her body to his snake, Nagini.|
|Draco Malfoy||September, 2020||Used during a duel with Harry Potter in the latter's house.|
Behind the scenes
- This spell is possibly the spell used by Voldemort to levitate the unconscious body of Charity Burbage at the Meeting at Malfoy Manor in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. He also may have used it to move a giant out of his path during the Battle of Hogwarts.
- Mobilicorpus is possibly the incantation for the Somnambulist Charm, given that they are used in the same context.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Chapter 1 - The Dark Lord Ascending)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Scholastic Official Site (Harry Potter Glossary)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (see this image)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 19 (The Servant of Lord Voldemort)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 20 (The Dementor's Kiss)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 1 (The Dark Lord Ascending)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Act Two, Scene Thirteen