|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "Mrs Weasley's yells, a hundred times louder than usual, made the plates and spoons rattle on the table, and echoed deafeningly off the stone walls. People throughout the hall were swivelling around to see who had received the Howler, and Ron sank so low in his chair that only his crimson forehead could be seen."
- — The Howler after having been opened in the Great Hall[src]
— STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE —
— LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD BOTH HAVE DIED —"
— ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED — YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Mrs Weasley's Howler has a slightly different message:
- RONALD WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER'S NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME! — Oh, and Ginny dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud.
- In the film, when the Howler is opened, its message doesn't simply play from the envelope; rather, it first yells Ron's name, then, it morphs into a mouth and shouts its message at Ron. The Howler then blows a raspberry and shreds itself to pieces.
- The Howler message from the second film was parodied by fans and posted as comments on the music video of Ed Sheeran's 2012 hit, "Lego House", which also starred Rupert Grint as an Ed Sheeran lookalike who is mistaken as Sheeran: "RONALD WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU STAR IN A MUGGLE MUSIC VIDEO/LIP SYNC TO A MUGGLE SONG! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER'S NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME! — Oh, and Ed dear, congratulations on your new single. Your fans and I are so proud."
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book (Film version included as an insert)
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 6 (Gilderoy Lockhart)