Montague was the surname of a British family with at least three magical members. The family's blood status is unknown, but since Graham Montague was Sorted into Slytherin, it is unlikely, though not impossible, that he came from a completely Muggle background.
- Graham Montague — a Slytherin student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the 1990s
- Mr Montague — father of Graham
- Mrs Montague — mother of Graham
- Maud Montague — a witch whose portrait hung in Hogwarts Castle
The surname Montague means "pointed hill" in Old French, from the elements mont, "hill", and agu, "pointed." In the play Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, the Montagues are an Italian family locked in a violent feud with another clan, the Capulets. Romeo, a Montague, falls in love with Juliet, a Capulet, with tragic consequences.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup