Born in c. 1992 to a pure-blood or half-blood witch somewhere in Ireland or Great Britain, Montgomery had at least two sisters who began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry sometime from 1990 to 1996.
When he was five years old, his mother supposedly refused to aid the Death Eaters in their cause and hence they ordered the werewolf Fenrir Greyback to attack the little boy. Although he was taken to St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, the healers there could not save him and he died.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 22 (After the Burial)
- As he was killed because his mother refused to help the Death Eaters rather than due to her blood status is an indication that she is not Muggle-born, and hence he is either half-blood or pure-blood.
- As his sisters attended Hogwarts and Hogwarts only admits Irish and British students.
- As they were still at Hogwarts in the 1996-1997 school year, they could have been in any year from first to seventh; if they were in their first year they'd have begun that year, in 1996; if they were in their seventh they'd have started in 1990.