At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
The Montrose Magpies are a Quidditch team that play in the British and Irish Quidditch League. The team is the most successful in League history, having won the League Cup thirty-two times and the European Cup twice.
The team colours of the Magpies are black and white, and their playing robes are black and white with one magpie on the chest, and another on the back. Lennox Campbell, Angus Campbell, Eunice Murray, Alasdair Maddock and Fabius Watkins are known to have played for the Magpies. Cormack McLeod is a known manager of the Magpies.
Hamish MacFarlan captained the team.
In 1999, Maddock is blamed for the Magpies' loss to the Kenmare Kestrels, due to his attempts at using techniques from Muggle football. Magpies Seeker Lennox Campbell missed the Snitch when it was kicked at him by one of his Chasers (presumably Maddock).
League Standings On October 1st 1999
|6||Pride of Portree|
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Mentioned on banner)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned on banner)
- Daily Prophet Newsletters (Mentioned only)
- Quidditch Through the Ages (First appearance)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- As Puddlemere United, the oldest team in the British and Irish Quidditch League, was founded that year, the Montrose Magpies had to be founded later.
- Pottermore biography of Minerva McGonagall (transcription available here)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (DVD Diagon Alley tour)
- (see this image)