Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Mopsus was born sometime in Ancient Greece. He was famous for having defeated fellow Seer Calchas in a competition of their powers. For his fame he was commemorated on a silver Chocolate Frog Card.
Magical abilities and skills
- Divination: Mopsus was a natural born Seer, and thus possessed the magical ability to view the future in visions. His talents in Divination were shown to be extraordinary, given how he managed to defeat the rival Seer Calchas with his superior precognitive powers, which awarded him his legendary status in wizarding history.
Behind the scenes
- Mopsus in Greek mythology was a seer and diviner in the court of Amphilochus. He correctly predicted that an upcoming battle would end in great defeat, to the contrary of rival seer Calchas's prediction that it would end in great victory. He later died in a quarrel with Amphilochus over the right to the throne.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
Notes and references
|Professors: Sybill Trelawney · Firenze|
|Known Seers: Calchas · Cassandra Vablatsky · Cassandra Trelawney · Gellert Grindelwald · Inigo Imago · Johan Hoffman · Liz Tuttle's mother · Mopsus · Professor Mopsus · Susie Sooth · Tycho Dodonus · Unidentified Canadian Seer · Unidentified female Seer · Unidentified male Seer|
|Textbooks: The Dream Oracle · Unfogging the Future|
|Methods: Astrology · Bibliomancy · Capnomancy · Cartomancy · Catoptromancy · Crystal-gazing · Crystal ball · Dream interpretation · Fire-omens · Heptomology · Horoscope · Ichthyomancy · Myomancy · Ornithomancy · Orrery · Ovomancy · Palmistry · Personal chart · Phyllomancy · Prophecy · Rune stone · Scrying mirror · Tarot cards · Tessomancy · Xylomancy|
|Divination at Hogwarts: Divination (class) · Divination Classroom · Divination staircase · Sybill Trelawney's office · Classroom 11 · Xylomancy (class)|