During her lifetime, Morgan le Fay played a role in numerous events, and was a powerful witch, being a proficient healer as well as an Animagus (taking the form of a bird). She also ruled as Queen of the Island of Avalon.
Magical abilities and skills
- Dark Arts: Morgana's famous Wizard Card described her as a powerful Dark witch, meaning she would have highly skilled in many areas of dark magic and most likely with dark charms and spells.
- Animagus: Morgana was revealed to have mastered the art of Self-Transfiguration, being able to turn herself into a bird at will.
- Transfiguration: Morgana was remarkably skilled in Self-Transfiguration that she was able to become an Animagus.
- Potions: Being an Animagus, she would have needed to have successfully brewed an Animagus potion, in order to gain the ability to transform. This implies that she had great skill in potions, as brewing the Animagus potion is immensely difficult, complex and time-consuming.
- Healing magic: Morgana was noted to be particularly gifted in the art of healing magic, as she was a proficient healer.
Behind the scenes
- Morgan le Fay is based on the legendary figure of the same name, the daughter of King Arthur's mother the Lady Igraine and her first husband Gorlois, Duke of Cornwall (making her Arthur's half-sister in legend too).
- In the film Merlin, with Sam Neill as the title character, Morgan le Fay was portrayed by Helena Bonham Carter, who later went on to play Dark witch Bellatrix Lestrange.
- Before Emma Watson got the part of Hermione Granger she had acted only in school plays; one was "Arthur's Early Years", in which she played the role of Morgan le Fay.
- Morgan le Fay's time of existence in the Harry Potter Universe (like Merlin, King Arthur etc) is paradoxical as the Morgan le Fay of the Arthurian legends is said to have lived in the 5th or 6th century. As Merlin attended Hogwarts and she was an enemy of Merlin, then she, like the legendary version of Merlin predates Hogwarts by around 400/500 years.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
Notes and references