Magical abilities and skills
- Dark Arts: Morgana's famous Wizard Card described her as a powerful Dark witch, meaning she would have highly proficient in many areas of dark magic and with the casting of dark charms.
- Transfiguration: Morgana was revealed to have mastered the art of Human Transfiguration, having become an Animagus; being able to turn herself into a bird at will, showing remarkable proficiency in this highly difficult branch of magic.
- Potions: Being an Animagus, Morgan would have needed to have successfully brewed an Animagus potion, in order to gain the ability to transform. This implies that she had great skill in potions, as brewing the Animagus potion is immensely difficult, complex and time-consuming.
- Healing magic: Morgana was noted to be particularly gifted in the art of healing magic, as she was a proficient Healer, meaning she would have talented with healing spells, potions and other magical remedies.
Behind the scenes
- In the 1998 television film Merlin, with Sam Neill as the title character, Morgan le Fay was portrayed by Helena Bonham Carter, who later went on to play Dark witch and Death Eater Bellatrix Lestrange.
- Before Emma Watson got the part of Hermione Granger, she had acted only in school plays; one was "Arthur's Early Years", in which she played the role of Morgan le Fay.
- Morgan le Fay is based on the legendary figure of the same name, the daughter of King Arthur's mother the Lady Igraine and her first husband Gorlois, Duke of Cornwall (making her Arthur's half-sister in legend too).
- Morgan le Fay's time of existence in the Harry Potter Universe (like Merlin, King Arthur etc) is paradoxical as the Morgan le Fay of the Arthurian legends is said to have lived in the 5th or 6th century. As Merlin attended Hogwarts and she was an enemy of Merlin, then she, like the legendary version of Merlin predates Hogwarts by around 400/500 years.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
Notes and references
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.