Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Magical abilities and skills
- Dark Arts: Morgana's famous Wizard Card described her as a powerful Dark Witch.
- Transfiguration: Morgana was revealed to have mastered the art of Human Transfiguration, having become an Animagus; being able to turn herself into a bird at will.
- Potions: Being an Animagus, Morgan would have needed to have successfully brewed an Animagus potion, in order to gain the ability to transform.
- Healing magic: Morgana was noted to be particularly gifted in the art of healing magic, as she was a proficient Healer.
Behind the scenes
- In the 1998 television film Merlin, with Sam Neill as the title character, Morgan le Fay was portrayed by Helena Bonham Carter, who later went on to play Dark witch and Death Eater Bellatrix Lestrange.
- Before Emma Watson got the part of Hermione Granger, she had acted only in school plays; one was "Arthur's Early Years", in which she played the role of Morgan le Fay.
- Morgan le Fay is based on the legendary figure of the same name, the daughter of King Arthur's mother the Lady Igraine and her first husband Gorlois, Duke of Cornwall (making her Arthur's half-sister in legend too).
- Morgan le Fay's time of existence in the Harry Potter Universe (like Merlin, King Arthur etc) is paradoxical as the Morgan le Fay of the Arthurian legends is said to have lived in the 5th or 6th century. As Merlin attended Hogwarts and she was an enemy of Merlin, then she, like the legendary version of Merlin predates Hogwarts by around 400/500 years.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Pottermore (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) - Famous Witches and Wizards Cards
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 6 (The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters)
- Chocolate Frog Cards (see this image)
- Pottermore Presents: Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies - Chapter 1 (Minerva McGonagall)
|Before registration system|
|Falco Aesalon (Falcon) · Cliodna (Sea Bird) · Morgan le Fay (Bird) · Morrigan (Crow)|
|Minerva McGonagall (Cat) · Adrian Tutley (Gerbil) · Talbott Winger's mother (White Swan) · Unidentified witch (Black cat) · Five unidentified individuals (Unknown)|
|Sirius Black (Black dog) · Olivier Kikkert (Frog) · Peter Pettigrew (Rat) · James Potter (Stag) · Rita Skeeter (Beetle) · Talbott Winger (Eagle)|
|Unknown registry status|
|Bly (Lemur) · Jacob's sibling (Brown dog, Black and white cat or Eagle) · Lottie Turner's father (Butterfly)|
|Babbitty Rabbity (Rabbit)|