Magical skills and abilities
- Transfiguration: Morrigan was exceptionally proficient with the art of Human Transfiguration, that she learned how to become an Animagus, allowing her to transform into a crow at will.
- Potions: In order to fully became an Animagus, one must brew the highly advanced, difficult and time-consuming Animagus potion to complete the process, meaning she was very talented in this magical field as well.
According to Irish mythology, the Morrígan ("phantom queen") or Mórrígan (moe-ree-gan) ("great queen") was a figure associated with fate, especially with foretelling doom and death in battle — in this capacity, she would take the shape of a crow, flying above the battlefield.
Notes and references
- Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry" at Pottermore
- Her descendant Isolt was said to be born of two pure-blood families, so Morrigan must be pure-blood as well.
- Pottermore Presents: Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies
- "The Morrígan" on Wikipedia
|Before registration system|
|Falco Aesalon (Falcon) · Cliodna (Sea Bird) · Morgan le Fay (Bird) · Morrigan (Crow)|
|Minerva McGonagall (Cat) · Adrian Tutley (Gerbil) · Talbott Winger's mother (White Swan) · Unidentified witch (Black cat) · Five unidentified individuals (Unknown)|
|Sirius Black (Black dog) · Olivier Kikkert (Frog) · Peter Pettigrew (Rat) · James Potter (Stag) · Rita Skeeter (Beetle) · Talbott Winger (Eagle)|
|Unknown registry status|
|Bly (Lemur) · Jacob's sibling (Brown dog, Black and white cat or Eagle) · Lottie Turner's father (Butterfly)|
|Babbitty Rabbity (Rabbit)|