A moth is a flying insect closely related to the butterfly. In 1926, Newton Scamander claimed to Porpentina Goldstein that one of his creatures was "a moth, a giant month". In 1991 some moths were found in the Hogwarts Library. During the summer holidays of 1995, 12 Grimmauld Place was likely infested with moths from long neglect; the curtains were described as being "moth-eaten." On 1 August, 1997 during the Wedding of William Weasley and Fleur Delacour, as night approached, moths began to swoop under the canopy.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.