At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
- "A Muggle-Repelling Charm can be used to prevent Muggles from seeing magical related places or items."
The Muggle-Repelling Charm (Repello Muggletum) is a charm that prevents Muggles from seeing or entering an area. Any non-magic person that would get close to the vicinity of the enchantment would remember something urgent to do, and leave.
- Every inch of the Quidditch Trillenium Stadium was covered in Muggle-Repelling Charms for the 1994 Quidditch World Cup in Dartmoor.
- Hogwarts Castle and Durmstrang Castle are both protected by Muggle-Repelling Charms.
- According to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Muggle-Repelling Charms are used on the habitats of some magical creatures.
- Hermione Granger and Harry Potter used this spell to protect their campsite from 1997-1998 while hunting Horcruxes.
Behind the scenes
- Tom Riddle tells Hagrid that Myrtle's parents will be arriving at Hogwarts to collect their daughter's body; as they are Muggles, this should not be possible. However, the charm may have been lifted for the event, or Tom may have been lying.
- Sirius says his father Orion Black put every protection known to wizardkind on 12 Grimmauld Place, and since Muggles cannot approach or enter it, it is possible this was among those spells.
- Muggles can see neither the Leaky Cauldron nor St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries; this may therefore be placed on both locations.
- This spell was most likely invented by wizards or witches from Great Britain, because it is one of the places that call non-magic people, 'Muggles.'
- According to Newton Scamander, the powers of certain magical creatures - such as the Kelpie or Pogrebin - can negate the effects of the Muggle-Repelling Charm, due to their own innate powers existing to attract humans.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (companion book)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 14 (The Thief)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 15 (The Goblin's Revenge)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 8 (The Quidditch World Cup)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 11 (Aboard the Hogwarts Express)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 27 (The Final Hiding Place)