At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Murphy McNully was a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the 1980s. He was physically disabled and immobile, and thus required the use of Wheelchair for locomotion. He was a Quidditch fanatic who would go so far as to commentate on Hogwarts' Quidditch friendlies, practise matches that required no commentator.
Murphy loved Quidditch, and had always wanted to be an announcer. He also immensely enjoyed talking. Due to his using a wheelchair, when meeting new people, he tried to display every aspect of his personality so to make them remember him not as "the wizard in the wheelchair". Murphy had a very charming personality, and was a skilled strategist.
Magical abilities and skills
- Charms: Murphy was taught the Blackboard writing spell by his Murphy McNully's mother, and was proficient with the casting of this enchantment himself.
- Quidditch Knowledge: Murphy was knowledgeable about Quidditch and Quidditch strategies. He was an entertaining Quidditch commentator, and was also an avid user of statistics, at the time when the sports only had the basics.
- Wizard's Chess: Murphy was quite skilled at wizard's chess, frequently beating Jacob's sibling at it.
- Wheelchair: Being physically disabled and unable to walk, Murphy owned and operated a wheelchair for movement.
- Kneazle: Murphy owned a pet Kneazle named Kneil.
Behind the scenes
- He is in whichever house the player chose for Jacob's sibling.
- His year is not shown in the friends section, similar to Skye Parkin and Orion Amari.
- His favourite food is sandwiches.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ His mother was a witch, meaning he was not a Muggle-born.
- ↑ "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Quidditch, Season 1, Chapter 4
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Quidditch, Season 1, Side Quest "Searching for a Comet"