Nagel joined Gellert Grindelwald at some point prior to 1927, and became one of Grindelwald's seven trusted acolytes. Under Grindelwald's orders, Nagel was told to visit the Circus Arcanus' performance, so as to keep an eye on the Obscurial Credence Barebone.
- In Swedish, Norwegian, German and Dutch, "nagel" means "nail".
Behind the scenes
- Nagel is portrayed by Claudius Peters in the second instalment of the Fantastic Beasts film series.
- In The Art of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Nagel's early portrayal resembled Percival Graves.
- In an early draft of the the storyboard, Nagel was meant to meet up with Credence in the bird market.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- The Archive of Magic: The Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
|Acolytes||Carrow | MacDuff | Nagel | Krafft | Krall (deceased) | Abernathy | Vinda Rosier|
|Followers||Aurelius Dumbledore | Queenie Goldstein | Gunnar Grimmson|
|Headquarters||Unidentified home | Nurmengard|