Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
The name "Neil" is from the Gaelic name Niall, which is of disputed origin, possibly meaning "champion" or "cloud". This was the name of a semi-legendary 4th-century Irish king, Niall of the Nine Hostages.
Behind the scenes
- This character was presumably named in honour of Neil Lamont, the supervising art director for the first six Harry Potter films, from Philosopher's Stone to Half-Blood Prince.
- Based on the fact that he attended Hogwarts in the 1940s and being born around the 1930s, he was a few years below Tom Riddle during his time at Hogwarts.
- Harry Potter films (Name appears on plaque)
Notes and references
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- See this image of a prop used in the films on display as part of Harry Potter: The Exhibition.
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition report (in Russian)
- "Neil Lamont on IMDb