At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in the latest update of Pottermore. As such, spoilers will be present within the article. Please take care when reading this article if you have not yet been through the latest update.
Nettle is a widespread plant known for the stinging hairs that grows on his leaves. Nettles are used in potion-making: fresh nettles are used in the Boil-Cure Potion,  whereas dried nettles are used in the Herbicide Potion.  Nettles are presumably the main ingredients of beverages like Nettle wine and Nettle tea.
Behind the scenes
- Nettle may refer to several species of plants of the genus Urtica in the Urticanceae family. Historically, healing properties were attributed to nettle, and it was included in the Nine Herbs Charm of the Anglo-Saxons.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Mentioned only) (DVD 2 (Special Features))
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- The Road to Hogwarts Sweepstakes
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Chapter 8 (The Potions Master)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) - GBC version
- ↑ http://missourifolkloresociety.truman.edu/weather.html