Neville used this wand from 1991 to June of 1996, when it was broken by Death Eater Antonin Dolohov during the Battle of the Department of Mysteries, along with Neville's nose. Neville used an incapacitated Hermione Granger's wand for the rest of the battle.
The wand was used by Frank Longbottom when he was an Auror, therefore showing that he could use powerful magic with it. However, its true powers were revealed when Frank and his wife were able to avoid Lord Voldemort, one of the most powerful wizards of all time, three times. Neville also was able to duel Death Eaters with it during the Battle of the Department of Mysteries before it broke. However, though Frank would have achieved a Transfiguration O.W.L. to become an Auror, when the wand is used by Neville, its powers in the subject of Transfiguration were lacking. It could, however, have been that Neville's poor performance in Transfiguration rather came from his own lack of confidence and not from a lack of power of his wand. It should be noted, however, that Ollivander himself expresses great emphasis in the will of the wand choosing it's master, and since Neville's was inherited from his father, was not chosen by it.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite