|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
This infraction was a violation of Wizarding law committed by Newt Scamander in December 1926, when he accidentally swapped his magical suitcase with that of No-Maj Jacob Kowalski. Newt was arrested by Porpentina Goldstein, who subsequently helped him to recapture the beasts along with Jacob and her sister Queenie.
The memories of the No-Majs that had seen the beasts were erased using venom of the Swooping Evil.
Mr Scamander was, at least temporarily, banned from international travel for breaking the Statute.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Mentioned only)