Nosebleed Nougat, also known as Blood Blisterpod, is a type of sweet made by Fred and George Weasley for their Skiving Snackbox products. The sweet is designed to make the eater's nose bleed heavily within seconds of eating it. Eating the orange sweet would cause the nosebleed, while the purple sweet would stop it.
1995-1996 school year
During one Gryffindor Quidditch practise in 1995, Katie Bell got a nose bleed when playing and Fred gave her what he thought was the cure to stop a nose bleed. However, he accidentally ended up giving her a different purple sweet which made it worse. Fred and George had to take her to the Hospital Wing and the practise was cancelled. Later that year, while the twins were still at school, this is one of the many Skiving Snackbox sweet varieties they tested on students and sold, and they were also used to allow students to skip classes, but mainly as part of the (alleged) Umbridge-itis disease, to annoy the tyrannical Dolores Umbridge.
While infiltrating the Ministry of Magic to find one of Voldemort's Horcruxes, Harry, Ron, and Hermione gave Albert Runcorn a Nosebleed Nougat so that Harry could impersonate him using Polyjuice Potion.
Behind the scenes
- According to Fred, the object that made Katie's nosebleed worse was called a Blood Blisterpod (which can be speculated to be a component in Nosebleed Nougat).
- Nosebleed Nougat is the most popular of the Skiving Snackboxes.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter