At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The Obliteration Charm (incantation unknown) is a spell used to remove footprints, including imprints or stains.
- Hermione Granger used this charm in 1995 to remove the footprints that she, Harry Potter, and Ron Weasley left in the snow on the way back from visiting Rubeus Hagrid.
- Hermione Granger used the charm to remove the footprints she and Harry Potter left while walking through the snow in Godric's Hollow in 1997.
Behind the scenes
- In Hogwarts Mystery, if Ben Copper is chosen by Jacob's sibling to accompany him and Bill Weasley on their quest to enter the Cursed Vault on the fifth floor corridor, he will use this charm to remove the footprints that the trio left behind while walking over the frost-covered floors therein to cover their tracks in an effort to make it impossible for the professors to tell for certain they were there.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery