Omar Abasi was a wizard who worked as a healer at St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, working on the first floor and tended to patients suffering from creature-induced Injuries, an area at which he was an expert.
At some point in his life, Omar successfully underwent the required tutelage to become a fully-fledged Healer and were eventually successful at obtaining a position at St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries in London, where he worked in the "Dangerous" Dai Llewellyn Ward for Serious Bites on the first floor, specialising in creature-induced injuries.
Working with the Ministry
At some point in his career, Omar was drafted in for conjecture by the Beast Division in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures at the Ministry of Magic, wherein he would lend its investigators his expertise and give his opinion on cases they were working on. At one point, he attended to Chudley Cannons' keeper Gordon Horton after he was attacked at the Chudley Cannons's training ground and diagnosed him with a mild concussion. He also noted that Horton's kit had been badly torn, likely by sharp claws.
His observation was indeed correct, as the investigators from the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures discovered Mr Horton had been attacked by a Hippogriff.
In the 2010s, Omar spent a week being shadowed by a Calamity Investigator from the Statute of Secrecy Task Force, showing them a variety of magical injuries. He had the Calamity Investigator observe a wide spectrum of injuries, from simple Bowtruckle scratches to the disastrous aftermath of uncontrolled spells, helping them gain knowledge of healing and helping to reduce the time they took to brew Healing Potions.
Magical abilities and skills
- Healing magic: As a professional Healer, he was highly adept and knowledgeable in the field of healing magic. He was an expert at dealing with creature-induced injuries. In order to have become a Healer, he would have had at least five N.E.W.T.s in the subjects of Charms, Transfiguration, Herbology, Potions and Defence Against the Dark Arts, all at either "Exceeds Expectations" or "Outstanding" level.
- Charms: Being a Healer, Abasi was accomplished with charms. In addition for needing both an O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. in the subject at high grades for his career, he was also capable of using the Memory Charm to erase the memories of the Muggle Laura Thorn after she had discovered a Mountain troll, showing his proficiency in the field.
Behind the scenes
- Based on his surname, it is possible that he may have been of West Asian or South Asian descent.
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World - Case 1: Something in the Air
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World - Case 2: The Smell of Fear
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 29 (Careers Advice)