At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
Omnioculars are the wizarding equivalent of Muggle binoculars, but with the additional features of being able to magically slow down and replay action. Used extensively for viewing Quidditch matches, they provide the user with a play-by-play breakdown if desired, showing the names of the manoeuvres performed by players caught within their perspective through the Omnioculars. Omnioculars are made from brass and are covered in knobs and dials.
On 25 August, 1994, Harry Potter purchased three sets of Omnioculars at ten Galleons each for himself, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger at the 1994 Quidditch World Cup. Ron had wanted a pair but couldn't afford them. Harry then joked after he bought them Ron wasn't getting a Christmas present for about ten years. Ron thought he paid Harry with gold soon after, but it turned out to be Leprechaun gold and disappeared. At the Quidditch World Cup, Ron made an old Wizard pick his nose repeatedly using his Omnioculars.
"Omnioculars" is derived from the prefix "omni-" meaning all, and "ocular," meaning vision, indicating its ability to let the user see "everything" with its zooming and replaying abilities. It is also a pun on "binoculars," indicating their similarities.
Behind the scenes
- A prop that lights up is available at Harrods Harry Potter shop and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- A set of omnioculars are in the making. They will film in 3D, pause, rewind and play footage slowly, just like the Omnioculars in the fictional novels. Sony has, however, reported that the Omnioculars will cost up to $6,000.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (GBA version only)
- Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup (Mentioned only)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite