The passage's entrance was hidden in a statue of Gunhilda of Gorsemoor. To gain entrance to the passage, one must give the password; Dissendium. Once the password was given, the hump on the witch's statue opened to reveal a short slide into a tunnel which led under the school and took about an hour on foot to get to Hogsmeade.
Fred and George Weasley had used the passage to sneak supplies from Hogsmeade on many occasions. When they handed on the map to Harry, Harry used it to sneak into Hogsmeade on two occasions, until he was seen in Hogsmeade by Draco Malfoy when his Invisibility cloak slipped and he narrowly avoided expulsion.
Behind the scenes
- In the handheld versions of LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, this passage is much more elaborate than the simple straight passage of the books, being set up more like a maze and containing many fake walls leading to side areas.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Entrance only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Entrance only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Entrance only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Entrance only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Entrance only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Notes and references