At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Harry spun around to see Hermione pointing her wand at Ron, her expression wild: The little flock of birds was speeding like a hail of fat golden bullets toward Ron, who yelped and covered his face with his hands, but the birds attacked, pecking and clawing at every bit of flesh they could reach."
The Oppugno Jinx (Oppugno) is a spell that directs an object or individual to attack the victim. This jinx will cause conjured creatures or other moveable objects under the control of the caster to attack the target.
|Dobby||1992-1993 school year||This was the spell used by Dobby in one of Harry Potter's Quidditch matches to cause the Bludger to follow him interminably.|
|Lord Voldemort||18 June, 1996||This spell was used by Tom Riddle on the glass shards against Albus Dumbledore and Harry Potter.|
|Hermione Granger||Autumn 1996|
|Harry Potter||2 September, 1997||Harry used this spell non-verbally whilst escaping from Yaxley in the Ministry of Magic. The result was to cause the inserts for the Daily Prophet; which carried a picture of Harry with the headline "Undesirable No. 1"; to swarm on Yaxley and slow him down.|
|Fred and George Weasley||December, 1991||This may have been the spell Fred and George used to bewitch snowballs so they would continually bounce off the back of Quirinus Quirrel's turban.|
|Minerva McGonagall||2 May, 1998||This may have been the spell Minerva McGonagall used during the Battle of Hogwarts to make a number of desks charge at the Death Eaters.|
Oppugno is Latin, meaning "I assault".
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the birds dissolve into an explosion of yellow feathers after being dodged by Ronald Weasley and colliding with a door.
- This may have been the spell used by Voldemort in the video game adaption of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix to throw several chairs, tables and other objects at Dumbledore after using the Levitation Charm to levitate them.
- This may have been the spell used in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone to make the flying keys attack Harry in the second obstacle guarding the stone.
- The Disney/Pixar movie Brave (which featured several Harry Potter movie actors) features the Witch Carver (voiced by Julie Walters who plays Mrs Weasley) attempting to use a spell very similar to Oppugno on the main character Merida (voiced by Kelly MacDonald who plays The Grey Lady).
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First identified as Oppugno Jinx)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: Spells
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)