At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Orion Amari was a wizard who attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the 1980s, during which he became a Chaser and eventually also the Captain of the Quidditch team of his house; playing alongside Skye Parkin and Jacob's sibling.
Orion was an orphan, but he considered his Quidditch team to be his family.
Behind the scenes
- "Orion Amari is the enigmastic captain of your house Quidditch team. His training methods may be unorthodox, but his leadership is unparalleled."
- — Orion's character description[src]
- He is in whichever house the player chose for Jacob's sibling.
- His year is not shown in the friends section, similar to Skye Parkin and Murphy McNully.
- His name could be based on Orion's Belt, which may explain his personality being spiritually aligned.
- He labels his pep talks as "vivifications" – a play on Rastafarianism's livication terminology, which means dedication without connotation of death.
- He shares his first name with Orion Black, father of Sirius Black.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- He is seen on the team in Season 1, which takes place in the 1985–1986 school year, so he was at least in his second year in 1985, as Harry Potter was said to have been the youngest Quidditch player in about a century in 1991. He is still on the team in Season 3, which takes place in the 1987–1988 school year.
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery