At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Magic Awakened. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Behind the scenes
- J. K. Rowling has stated that the otter is her favourite animal; this is why she selected it as the form of Hermione's Patronus.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Herminone's patronus is shown to be a Eurasian otter.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Appears as a Patronus)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears as a Patronus)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Appears as a Patronus)
- J. K. Rowling's official site (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Appears as a Patronus)
- Wizarding World (Appears as a Patronus)
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened (Mentioned in History of Magic classes)
Notes and references
- Otter on Wikipedia
- (see this image)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 27 (The Centaur and the Sneak)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 13 (The Muggle-Born Registration Commission)
- "About the Books: transcript of J.K. Rowling's live interview on Scholastic.com," Scholastic.com, 16 October 2000
- America Online chat transcript, AOL.com, 19 October 2000
- JK Rowling's World Book Day Chat, March 4, 2004