Otters are semi-aquatic mammals of the family Mustelidae. It is one possible corporeal form of the Patronus Charm.
Behind the scenes
- J. K. Rowling has stated that the otter is her favourite animal; this is why she selected it as the form of Hermione's Patronus.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Herminone's patronus is shown to be a Eurasian Otter.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (As Patronus only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (As Patronus only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (As Patronus only)
- J. K. Rowling's official site (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Appears as a Patronus)
Notes and references
- ↑ (see this image)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 27 (The Centaur and the Sneak)
- ↑ "About the Books: transcript of J.K. Rowling's live interview on Scholastic.com," Scholastic.com, 16 October 2000
- ↑ America Online chat transcript, AOL.com, 19 October 2000
- ↑ JK Rowling's World Book Day Chat, March 4, 2004
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.