|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Pakistan is a country located in Southern Asia. It is the sixth most populated country in the world. It borders India, Afghanistan, Iran and China. The capital city of Pakistan is Islamabad, but its largest city is Karachi.
A delegate from present-day Pakistan was a member of the International Confederation of Wizards, and participated in the meeting held at the Magical Congress of the United States of America (MACUSA) on 6 December 1926.
Magical games and sports
Pakistan is said to have a flourishing trade of flying carpets, as the broomstick is a rarity in the East. Due to this, the sport of Quidditch is not as popular here compared to European countries.
Food and beverages
The following creatures are all found worldwide:
Behind the scenes
- In discussing the scene of the MACUSA meeting from the film inspired by Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them in the Pentagram Office, Colin Farrell praised Colleen Atwood's costuming: "There must have been two hundred actors and extras all in the different costumes. Wizards from Hungary, from Mongolia, from Russia, from Thailand, from Ireland, and from Pakistan. It was amazing. They all had culturally relevant garb but with a little wizarding flourish."
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Pakistan on Wikipedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Introducing Percival Graves
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 8 (The Spread of Quidditch Worldwide)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (see this image)