|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
In 1993, Draco Malfoy used this charm during Severus Snape's Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson on werewolves, in which he sent a flying paper bird to Harry Potter which contained a cruel and crude animated drawing of him being struck by lightning whilst playing Quidditch.
In 1995, Padma Patil performed this charm at the beginning of one of Dolores Umbridge's Defence Against the Dark Arts classes, but the paper bird was magically burned and destroyed by the new mean-spirited Professor as soon as she entered the classroom.
On 1 September, 2017, a flying paper bird could be seen at Platform Nine and Three-Quarters, before students departed on the Hogwarts Express. Lily L. Potter tried chasing after the enchanted paper bird.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that this was not a specific spell for this purpose, but a simple Locomotion Charm.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2