He could usually be found wandering around the second-floor stairs during the 1996–1997 school year. Patrick was known to dislike the game of Quidditch, but his mother on the other hand, was very fond of it. She said that if he worked harder he would be a good Seeker, but Patrick was simply more interested in playing chess.
Patrick is from the Latin name Patricius, which meant "nobleman". This name was adopted in the 5th-century by Saint Patrick, whose birth name was Sucat. He was a Romanized Briton who was captured and enslaved in his youth by Irish raiders. After six years of servitude he escaped home, but he eventually became a bishop and went back to Ireland as a missionary. He is traditionally credited with Christianizing the island, and is regarded as Ireland's patron saint.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (NDS version only)
Notes and references
- He was at least in his first year at Hogwarts during the 1993-1994 school year.
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)