In order to access the Hogwarts kitchens, one had to tickle the "huge green pear" in a painting of a bowl of fruit in an underground corridor, causing it to squirm and laugh, then transform into a doorknob.
There was a bowl of pears sitting on the coffee table in the living room of Burrow when Rufus Scrimgeour met with Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger to discuss the will of Albus Dumbledore on 31 July 1997.
In December 1997, while Harry and Hermione were hiding from Death Eaters and trying to find Voldemort's Horcruxes, Hermione snuck into a Muggle supermarket under Harry's Invisibility Cloak. She took spaghetti Bolognese and tinned pears, secretly paying for them by depositing money in an open till. The two consumed these items for dinner on Christmas Eve, and, afterwards, Harry decided to try to persuade Hermione to visit Godric's Hollow, believing the "unusually good meal" they had just had might give him more luck.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Appears in painting(s))
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Pear" on Wikipedia
- ↑ Real-life version of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans made by the Jelly Belly company.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 21 (The House-Elf Liberation Front)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (see this image)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 16 (Godric's Hollow)