At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
Penelope "Nel" Fawley (née Padgett; b. circa 1982) was a British witch, the wife of Grim Fawley, and an Auror working for the Department of Magical Law Enforcement in the British Ministry of Magic. In 2015, she went missing and the subsequent investigation overseen by the council which Gareth Greengrass was a member, was called off. This decision may have played a role in Grim unleashing the Calamity through the use of the Foundables Spell.
During the Second Wizarding War, her parents were both outspoken supporters of Lord Voldemort and his Magic is Might Campaign; following the war, her mother was imprisoned in Azkaban for involving herself in the conflict. Before she was imprisoned, the last thing her mother gave her was a Comet 290 broomstick, which Penelope regarded as the only thing she had left to remember her by.
Career and marriage
After her graduation, Penelope joined the Department of Magical Law Enforcement at the British Ministry of Magic. She was described as being ambitious, a characteristic trait amongst Slytherins. However, people were suspicious of her due to her parents' past support of Lord Voldemort. In particular, Gethsemane Prickle sent a memo to Harry Potter, the Head of the Auror Office, warning him about Penelope and predicting that she was going to be trouble.
Penelope was given a desk job that left her in frequent contact with Grim Fawley, a research assistant in the department. Eventually, the two fell in love and started dating in 2005. Fearing that discovery of their workplace romance would result in Grim being transferred out of the department, the two decided to keep their relationship secret. As a result, the two would often communicate using coded messages.
Penelope excelled in her work and her accomplishments within the Department resulted in her becoming an Auror within two years of having joined the department. She was described by Harry Potter as "one of the finest candidates" he had ever seen. During her career, Penelope was noted to not have been a rule follower, instead preferring to do things her own way. However, this view was common among Aurors and her work was otherwise considered outstanding. She was also noted for being very secretive.
Penelope became friends with Harry and the two frequently talked about quidditch in the office, with her in particular being a huge fan of the Pride of Portree. During field work, Penelope favoured traveling with her broom instead of Apparating, which she attributed to her motion sickness.
Eventually, after having dated for a year, Penelope and Grim revealed their relationship. Although it was considered a bit scandalous, it was ultimately permitted. The two got married in June, 2006, on a Sunday in West Bromwich. At some point over the next nine years, before Penelope's disappearance in 2015, she and Grim would have twins Addison and Melody; Melody would inherit Penelope’s nose and, despite her words to the contrary, Addison would inherit Penelope’s stubbornness.
- Comet 290: She owned this broomstick before she was married as it was inscribed with her maiden name Padgett.
- Slytherin Prefect badge: She owned a tarnished Slytherin Prefect badge, as she was herself appointed as a Prefect during her later Hogwarts years.
- Slytherin scarf: She also owned a scarf of the Slytherin colours.
- Wand: Willow, 12½ inches, Dragon Heartstring core, with a large spindling crack down the middle.
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 When talking about Grim and Penelope in Wizards Unite, Constance says that Penelope was "a few years" older than Grim. Grim was born in late 1984 or early to mid 1985.
- ↑ Wizards Unite reveals she went missing in 2015, but it is unknown as to whether she died or not and is only being classified as missing instead of deceased. At least one person, Gareth Greengrass, believed she is dead.
- ↑ Her parents were open supporters of Voldemort, making it unlikely that they and Penelope were Muggle-borns.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 4.9 Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (see this)
- ↑ Wizards Unite, set in 2018, states Penelope has been missing for "three years"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (see video)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (see this)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (see this)
- ↑ In Wizards Unite, Constance says "and then they had two children", with the phrasing implying they're twins.
- ↑ A part of Grim’s journal reveals the names of his two children.
- ↑ Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (see website)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (see website)