At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Peppermint is a mint plant.
Severus Snape discovered that adding a sprig of it to the Elixir to Induce Euphoria counteracted the potion's side effects of unrestrained singing and nose-tweaking while he was still a student at Hogwarts in the 1970s.
In 1997, Harry Potter had to make an Elixir for Potions, and so he followed the modified brewing instructions that Snape had written in his copy of Advanced Potion-Making as a teenager. Professor Slughorn thought the addition of peppermint to the recipe was "unorthodox" but a "stroke of inspiration."
It is also commonly used in both the wizarding and Muggle world to flavour sweets and concoctions, such as Peppermint Humbugs, Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, Peppermint Toads, and Pepper Imps.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (PSP/NintendoDS version)
- The Road to Hogwarts Sweepstakes
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 22 (After the Burial)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 5 (Diagon Alley)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 7 (The Sorting Hat)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 6 (The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 10 (The Marauder's Map)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 11 (The Firebolt)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 13 (Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Act One, Scene Three - "SCORPIUS: Easy. I’ve always regarded the Pepper Imp as the king of the confectionery bag. They’re peppermint sweets that make you smoke at the ears."