At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Pepper-Up Potion can be used to cure colds and to warm the recipient up. Drinking it can cause steam to come out of the drinker's ears. The potion was invented by Glover Hipworth."
The Pepperup Potion (or Pepper-Up Potion) is a potion which warms up the body and cures the common cold. It has the side-effect of causing steam to come out of the drinker's ears for several hours after it is imbibed.
In the 12th century, potioneer Linfred of Stinchcombe developed a rudimentary treatment for the common cold that would later serve as the basis for the Pepperup Potion. Centuries later, sometime between the mid 18th to early 19th century, Glover Hipworth built on Linfred's previous work, and perfected the Pepperup Potion.
During the winter of the 1992–1993 school year, a spate of colds ran through the student body of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and Madam Pomfrey used Pepperup Potion to relieve their symptoms. Ginny Weasley was bullied into taking some by Percy Weasley during this time, although her illness was more to do with her possession by Tom Riddle's Diary than a cold.
Behind the scenes
- Given that every potion's brewing process can only be completed by casting a spell, and that it can vary for each potion, the spell to finish this potion's brewing may be the Counter-curse for Curse of the Bogies.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (GBA & GBC versions)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (GBC version only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (GBA version only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "The Potter Family" at Pottermore
- ↑ Famous Wizard Card (Glover Hipworth)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Chapter 9 (Glittery Secrets)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 8 (The Deathday Party)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 26 (The Second Task)