The name "Peter" is derived from the Greek Πετρος (Petros) meaning "stone". This is a translation used in most versions of the New Testament of the name Cephas, meaning "stone" in Aramaic, which was given to the apostle Simon by Jesus'. Simon Peter was the most prominent of the apostles during Jesus's ministry and is often considered the first pope.
- Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (NDS edition) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
- ↑ Peter and Hansen are common Danish first and last names, respectively.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (NDS edition)