|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
- Molly Weasley: "Whereas Bill and Fleur... well... what have they really got in common? He's a hardworking, down-to-earth sort of person, whereas she's..."
- Ginny Weasley: "A cow. But Bill's not that down-to-earth. He's a Curse-Breaker, isn't he, he likes a bit of adventure, a bit of glamour... I expect that's why he's gone for Phlegm."
- Molly Weasley: "Stop calling her that, Ginny."
- — Molly Weasley and her daughter Ginny talking about Fleur Delacour[src]
Phlegm is a liquid secreted by the mucous membranes of the respiratory system in some animals, particularly that which is expelled by coughing.
Phlegm is one of the known flavours of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. In the mid-1990s, Ginny Weasley referred to Fleur Delacour (who was to marry her brother Bill) as "Phlegm", a play on words with Fleur's name and personality.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Phlegm on Wikipedia
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 5 (An Excess of Phlegm)