It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, should be expanded. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by expanding this article to give more complete coverage of its subject.
- "Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads, their tears have healing powers, and they make highly faithful pets."
- —Albus Dumbledore[src]
Phoenix tears have immense healing powers. It is the only known cure for basilisk venom. It is also capable of reviving a person from any injury, even if the person is at the brink of death, similar to unicorn blood (without the cursed side-effects). Discovered when Fawkes used its tears to heal Harry Potter from basilisk venom.
- "The phoenix had fluttered to the floor. It was resting its beautiful head against Harry's injured leg, and thick, pearly tears were falling from its eyes onto the wound left by the spider. The pain vanished. The skin mended. His leg was repaired."
- —Fawkes' tears healing Harry Potter's injured leg[src]
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Characters of the Magical World (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault (mentioned only)