At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Pickett was a male Bowtruckle that was kept by Newt Scamander as a pet. Although he had at least six Bowtruckles (Pickett, Titus, Finn, Poppy, Marlow, and Tom), Newt was especially fond of Pickett, and even carried him around in his top pocket, first because Pickett had a cold and needed body warmth, and also because Pickett had attachment issues.
In 1926, Pickett accompanied Newt on his journey to New York, sitting inside his top pocket. He was present when the Niffler escaped at the Steen National Bank and when Newt was taken to the Magical Congress of the United States of America by Porpentina Goldstein.
Pickett was still hidden in Newt's pocket when Gellert Grindelwald, in the guise of Percival Graves, sentenced them to death. As bowtruckles are able to pick locks, Pickett was able to release Newt from his shackles and help Newt and Tina escape from the Death Cell
Later, when Newt met the goblin gangster Gnarlak, Newt agreed to give Pickett to him as part of a deal to obtain information about the last missing beasts. Gnarlak betrayed them and turned them in to MACUSA. In the resulting fray, Jacob punched Gnarlak out so Newt was able to rescue Pickett and escape. Pickett was not pleased with Newt for giving him away and expressed it by sulking and blowing raspberries.
- Lock picking: Pickett was named for his uncanny skill for picking locks, unlocking Newt's shackles in the Death Cell.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- The Archive of Magic: The Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- LEGO Dimensions
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Twitter - Fantastic Beasts
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 18
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "'Fantastic Beasts': Meet the Creatures" at Entertainment Weekly
- ↑ "Fantastic Beasts Cast on British Versus American Wizards" from Wizards and Whatnot
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 65
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 69
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 82
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 92
- ↑ http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/13/fantastic-beasts-crimes-grindelwald-niffler/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter