He was part of Draco Malfoy's gang during the 1993–1994 school year and was one of the Slytherins that cruelly imitated a Dementor in an effort to scare Harry Potter in the first Care of Magical Creatures class of the year. He was also with Malfoy in the Stone Circle when Malfoy was punched by Hermione Granger in 1994.
Behind the scenes
- Pike was portrayed by Bronson Webb in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Before his name was revealed many fans assumed this individual was Theodore Nott. Pike is somewhat similar in appearance to the way Nott is described in the novels. The difference however is that Pike is shown to be a member of Draco's gang while Nott is only loosely associated with the gang.
- It is possible that Pike was created specifically to replace Gregory Goyle in certain action-oriented scenes as Josh Herdman had injured his arm and would have been unable to perform them. For instance, Pike replaces Goyle in the scene where Malfoy and his gang harass Ron and Hermione outside the Shrieking Shack.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- ↑ Prisoner of Azkaban script at the Internet Movie Script Database (archived here via the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- ↑ imdb